This page is a DIY toolbox for charities. It will help non-technical leaders take control of their technology. I will add to it regularly. If you can’t find something please contact me and ask.
- The Privacy Commissioner offers free online privacy training modules.
- Netsafe offers up to date advice on the latest online scams and dealing with issues such as cyber-bullying.
- Cert NZ is the government's cyber security agency and "your first port of call when you need to report a cyber security problem". Their "critical controls" give the most up-to-date advice on a the minimum security you need.
- The NZ Navigator is an on-line self assessment tool to help you evaluate your organisational strengths and weaknesses
- InfoXchange is an Australian non-profit with online service, software and consultancy services you can usually get in NZ
- Tech Soup New Zealand is the place to go for donated software, refurbished computers and technical training
- NTEN and Idealware are American non-profits helping charities with technology. They offer product reviews and on-line training.
- Business.govt.nz has both an employment agreement builder and a policy builder tool that include all sorts of IT related issues.